Each flower that is purchased has a story, and you are a part of it.
You may have wondered, why are California-grown flowers so much more expensive than the ones in the grocery store? The main reason is the cost of labor in California. We work hard to grow high quality flowers and pay fair wages for the time it takes to grow, harvest, design, and deliver all this beauty. We are truly thankful for all the support! Keep reading below to see all the amazing impacts your purchase has on our little world.
Purchasing locally-grown flowers is a small act that creates big change. Selecting local flowers benefits the community by:
- Supporting the local economy
- Preserving agricultural land
- Creating jobs
There are so many environmental and consumer benefits to locally-grown flowers!
- Blooms last longer in your vase because stems were harvested fresh.
- Your bouquet includes unique and heirloom varieties that cannot be transported long distances.
- More fragrant flowers.
- Bouquets that reflects seasonality and offer new varieties throughout the year.
- Local purchases results in less cargo transportation between continents and a reduction in the carbon footprint.
- Local flowers are responsibly grown and follow environmental standards.
- You have a personal farmer.