Each flower that is purchased has a story, and you are a part of it.
You may have wondered, why are California-grown flowers so much more expensive than the ones in the grocery store? The main reason is the cost of labor in California. We work hard to grow high quality flowers and pay fair wages for the time it takes to grow, harvest, design, and deliver all this beauty. Keep reading below to see all the amazing impacts your local purchase has on our community.
Purchasing locally-grown flowers is a small act that creates big change. Selecting local flowers benefits the community by:
- Supporting the local economy
- Preserving agricultural land
- Creating jobs
Local flowers have positive environmental and consumer benefits!
- Stems are harvested fresh and blooms will last longer in your vase.
- Your bouquet includes unique and heirloom varieties.
- Flowers are more fragrant.
- Bouquets reflects seasonality and showcase unique varieties that grow well in our climate.
- Most flowers are transported to the US from South America and Africa. Local flowers results in less cargo transportation between continents and a reduction in the carbon footprint.
- Local flowers support local pollinators.
- You have a personal farmer.